Hi, my name is Nate. I’m a husband, future dad (God-willing), gardener, and big-time nerd. I’m an average guy with an above-average interest in investing! But enough about me. Let’s focus on you.
I want to personally welcome you to Investing Roots. Every article on this blog is focused entirely on teaching you about investing, how to get started, and practical steps to maximizing your returns with the least risk possible.
My dream for Investing Roots is that it will help you…
- Learn the basic fundamentals of investing.
- Understand how investing fits in achieving your long-term financial goals.
- Develop a long-term investing plan to grow your wealth.
- Improve your chances for long-term success.
- Avoid the mistakes of others (including me) and save yourself a lot of money!
- Open your first account and make your first trade.
This blog is built on these principles:
- Anyone can learn how to be a successful investor – regardless of education, experience or intelligence.
- Investing takes discipline, focus and long-term vision. It’s not a ticket to overnight wealth. It’s not speculation. And it’s far from gambling.
- Decreasing risk is just as important as increasing expected returns – even for young people.
- Minimizing investment expenses is essential to long-term success.
- Most investors should stick to low-cost, highly diversified index funds.
- 9 out of 10 investment “advisors” are more like used car salesmen in fancy suits than true investing experts.
- You can beat 90% of investment professionals with less than one hour per year managing your investment account.
- The biggest enemy to your investing success is the person you see in the mirror.
I hope this blog will teach you a thing or two about investing. If there are some specific items that you would like me to write a post about, I’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested in following along with the 10-minute portfolios, you can learn more about those here.
If you’d like to get free e-mail updates, enter your e-mail address on the right. It’s completely free and you can unsubscribe anytime!